Saturday, September 3, 2011

Team Ren or Team Shay? I'm not too sure!

I finished Nightshade in a matter of days! (Sorry it's taken me so long to write about it.) Angela Cremer pulled me in so quickly. I found myself not even wanting to cook supper at night because I didn't want to have to put the book down! The differences in the relationships between Calla and Ren and Calla and Shay were so well written. I will admit, I did not like Shay at first. He was just way too nosy! I didn't understand why Calla kept thinking about him. But boy, he grows on you!

I appreciated the new view of werewolves in this book. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE YA Paranormal, but it was time to let the werewolves shine and not be fighting vampires. In Nightshade, the werewolves are protectors. Calla and Ren have known their whole lives they will be paired and the starters of a new pack. The chemistry between them is very evident, even though they are from rival families.

Angela definitely left me wanting more. The end is a twisty cliffhanger, so beware of that! I'm not 100% sure if I'm happy with Calla's choice at the end, but I do think you should read it and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment