Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jordan Sonnenblick

Just finished reading Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick. Jordan will be the visiting author for my students this year. I wanted to be able to say I have read one of his books because I know my students will be asking. Our school librarian recommended this one. I usually prefer to read my favorite genre of YA paranormal romance and have had this book in my pile since June. I finally picked it up during SSR (Silent Sustained Reading) in one of my classes last week. I found myself literally laughing out loud by chapter 2 and realized I was hooked! I finished this book in just a few sittings. It was a short, easy read with a very sweet story.

I, of course, love twists in stories and even this one surprised me with one at the end. I really enjoyed reading this book and loved the characters Sol and Alex. Jordan did such a great job of creating two main characters that every reader immediately relates with.

I am looking forward to Jordan's visit to our school and hearing him speak to our students about his success as a YA author.

No comments:

Post a Comment